IAEE Scholarship Program
The Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency (IAEE) is currently accepting applications for a 2021 scholarship. To help ensure the continued success and development of future energy efficiency professionals in Iowa, a $1,000 scholarship may be awarded annually. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply by Sept. 30, 2021. Scholarship(s) awards will be announced in November at the IAEE Iowa Energy Summit. Payment will be sent to the school by December 2021.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in Iowa, with at least one full semester completed and one full semester remaining
- Be pursuing a degree which supports the mission of IAEE
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Be committed to pursuing a career in the energy efficiency industry
Note that individuals pursuing a graduate degree are not eligible.
- Mail or email a completed application to the address below: Word Format PDF Format
- Include a recent transcript and letters of recommendation (see guidelines below).
- Once your application, transcript, and letters of recommendation have been received, you will receive an email confirmation.
Your application, transcript, and letters of recommendation must be received by September 30, 2021.
Mailing address: IAEE, PO Box 1062, Johnston, IA 50131
Letters of Recommendation guidelines:
- Letters should focus on your interest, knowledge, and desire to pursue energy efficiency
- No more than five letters may be submitted
- No more than one letter from the same organization
- One letter must be from your educational institution
- Letters may not be from family members
- A letter from an IAEE member is preferred but not required
Scholarship award policies:
- Scholarships are to be used as part of the recipients’ total financial aid package to cover required tuition, books, supplies, and/or fees.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the post-secondary school.
- Students may win more than one scholarship over multiple years, but no student will be awarded more than $2,000 total. A student must reapply to be considered in subsequent years.
- All funds must be used within one year of the date of the award.
- Based on the quality of applications, IAEE is not obligated to award any scholarships.
Evaluation of applicants will be based on demonstrated interest in energy efficiency, appropriateness of your degree, and letters of recommendation.
About the Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency
The mission of the Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency (IAEE) is to champion the efficient use of energy, for the benefit of all Iowans, by serving members through education and collaboration. It is comprised of roughly 200 professionals and organizations from diverse sectors across Iowa, including architecture, engineering, construction, utilities, universities, and community and state organizations. IAEE’s signature annual event is the Iowa Energy Summit, now in its 34th year. For more information, visit IAEE’s website at iowaenergy.org or contact Administrator Christie Steinbock at firstname.lastname@example.org.