Board of Director Responsibilities
Our Board members work hard to ensure the success of the Association:
- Maintain a current, valid, and unexpired membership in the Association.
-Members submitting a nomination for the election must have a current, valid, and unexpired membership in the Association.
- Attend and/or participate in regularly scheduled board meetings, applicable committee meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
-There are 6 Board meetings, generally held the third Wednesday of the month (January, March, May, July, September, December)
-Meetings can be attended in-person or via phone
- Serve on at least one committee.
- Determine the organization’s mission and set policies for its operation.
- Ensure the provisions of the organization’s charter, bylaws, and policy/procedures are being followed.
- Set the organization’s overall course from year to year and engage in longer range planning to establish its general course for the future.
- Assist in implementation of programs.
- Establish fiscal policy and boundaries, with budgets and financial controls.
- Provide adequate resources for the activities of the organization through direct financial contributions, in-kind contributions, and a commitment to fundraising.
- Promote the work of the organization.
- Develop and participate in member recruitment.
- Disclose any interests in transactions or decisions where there may be a potential conflict, and will not participate in discussion or vote in matters where a conflict of interest arises.
- Each term is two years, starting on January 1 after the election.
For more information, see Article IV - Government in the association's By-Laws.
For questions, contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-250-6366