If you have an energy related job you'd like posted on our site, please submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 12, 2019
Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency (IAEE)
Description In its 32nd year of promoting the art and science of the efficient use of energy, and with members across the state and beyond, the Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency has become a respected organization for energy professionals. As the future of energy changes and evolves, IAEE continues to provide resources and information on the critical issues of energy efficiency.
IAEE is currently seeking a talented Administrator to spearhead the efforts of this volunteer organization. This enthusiastic self-starter will coordinate and administer strategies and tactics to reach organizational goals. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinate meeting locations, dates, times, and meals
- Create agenda and prepare/distribute meeting materials
- Take meeting minutes and distribute
- Remind board members to complete individual actions
Membership & Sponsors
- Respond to email inquiries regarding IAEE and energy efficiency
- Respond to correspondence on a regular basis
- Maintain membership database and email groups
- Determine newsletter content
- Compose, edit, and layout articles/photos for quarterly newsletter
- Distribute quarterly newsletter via email
- Assist board members in recruiting corporate sponsors and new members
- Maintain fresh & current website content and ensure links are active
- Post calendar information on iowaenergy.org
- Promote the use of the website to membership
- Assist committees including annual Energy Summit Conference committee with organization, planning and execution of tactics
- Assist in conference planning and operation
- Manage registration & financial aspects
- Pay all accounts payable invoices
- Coordinate the annual dues renewal process
- Complete monthly reconciliation reports on all bank accounts
- Complete monthly budget analysis
- Correspond with Treasurer on a regular basis regarding account activity
- File yearly tax forms (990 EZ and all 1099 related forms)
- Determine tour locations
- Gather tour information, develop promotion and distribute to membership
- Coordinate tours, gather RSVPs and respond to inquiries
- Research topics, develop promotional materials and facilitate the delivery of webinars or educational seminars
- Review paper files for relevance, destroy or store as needed
- Create & maintain electronic storage system for all historical documents
- Maintain organization records going forward
- Create and publish content to social media platforms
Qualified contractors will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Marketing, Communications, Environmental Studies or a related field or of study or demonstrated education plus experience to meet the job description. Interest or experience in business administration, non-profit administration or related field, proficiency in all Microsoft Office products. This position requires excellent organizational skills, and the ability and desire to take initiative and provide solutions. The successful contractor must have excellent proven verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and the desire to contribute as part of a team. Experience with Constant Contact, Adobe Connect, PhotoShop, InDesign, and/or Quicken, a plus. Knowledge of energy efficiency information resources, activity and market in Iowa also a plus.
Resources: The successful contractor will supply their own work location, PC computer, internet access, printer, and camera. Supplies and mileage are reimbursable expenses.
This is a part-time, contract, non-employee position with contractual requirements including insurance coverages or proof of qualifying coverage.
Commitment Up to 55 hours per month, contract position (non-employee)
Availability Immediately – start date is flexible
Compensation $22 - $30 per hour based on qualifications and experience, plus mileage and expenses.
Location Iowa (flexible with state)
About the Organization
IAEE is in its 32nd year of promoting the art and science of the efficient use of energy. It is led by a Board of Directors and hosts an Energy Summit annually in the fall. iowaenergy.org
Posting Date April 12, 2019
Deadline May 1, 2019
Interested candidates apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
January 7, 2019
Green Iowa AmeriCorps Environmental Steward Positions
Service Description: Green Iowa AmeriCorps operates through the University of Northern Iowa’s Center for Energy and Environmental Education (UNI CEEE) in Cedar Falls looking to recruit passionate and motivated individuals for an 11 month service experience in one of our service locations throughout Iowa. As a member of our new and existing programs sites, you will have the opportunity to create plans in conjunction with city officials, nonprofit leaders, and execute projects that will greatly impact the communities we serve. The leadership and empowerment experienced as part of our program will be like no other!
Our program hopes to train the next generation of ‘green-collar’ workers through a combination of field trips, presentations, and hands-on learning. Members have the opportunity to build leadership abilities through specific coordinator roles, which allow each member to contribute unique skills to the program. Members have access to free trainings, hands on skill development, and extensive community engagement.
Service with Green Iowa AmeriCorps is a year like no other, providing you an opportunity to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis all while gaining work experience that is going to put you leaps and bounds ahead of your peers in the energy and environmental sector. We intend to hire socially-minded individuals who want to make a difference in the community. Applicants should demonstrate an ability to work as a team or individually on projects that require learning/teaching new skills or participating in physical labor. Applicants should be self-starters, capable of working with minimal supervision and sensitivity to working with diverse sectors of the population.
Service Locations: Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Decorah, Des Moines, Dubuque, Fairfield, Iowa City
Member Duties: Audit/Weatherize Homes 2-4 days/week • Facilitate environmental education programs 1-2 days/week • Participate in community outreach projects 1-2 days/week centered around environmental stewardship activities, watershed initiatives, and home construction• Assume one of the following team leadership roles: Logistics, Audit, Education, Marketing, and Outreach• Create a professional development plan that takes you to conferences, trainings, and develops skills unique to your goals • Collaborate with city officials, nonprofit organizations, and community leaders to create environmentally focused projects that serve the greatest needs in Iowa communities.
Program Benefits: Federal Loan Deferment, Health Coverage, Training and Certification, Individualized Professional Development opportunities, Education stipend upon successful completion, Monthly Living stipend, Leadership experience, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Qualification, Interest Accrual Repayment
Terms: Position based on completion of 1,700 hours of service in a full-time work schedule, flexible vacation and sick leave. Outside employment available during off hours, school attendance available during off hours
Service Areas: Neighborhood Revitalization, Housing, Community Engagement, Storm Water Management, Outreach Education, Community and Economic Development, Environment, and Capacity Building
Skills: Community Organization, Education, Recruitment, Urban Planning, Architectural Planning, Team Work, Public Speaking, Communications, Trade/Construction, Environment, Leadership, General Skills.
Click here for more information and to apply
Click here to learn more about Green Iowa AmeriCorps