Executive Director, IAEE
Description In striving towards its mission of championing the efficient use of energy, for the benefit of all Iowans, by serving its members through education and collaboration, the Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency has become the preferred organization for energy professionals. As the future of energy changes and evolves, IAEE continues to provide resources and information on the critical issues of energy efficiency.
IAEE is currently seeking a talented Executive Director to spearhead the efforts of this volunteer organization. This enthusiastic self-starter will develop, enhance, coordinate, and administer strategies and tactics, based on direction from the board of directors, to reach organizational goals. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
General Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and organization of the IAEE’s operations and programs.
- Oversees and reports on results to board of directors.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Coordinates and leads periodic and annual budget reviews with Treasurer.
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Routes communication for the organization; including solicitation, sponsorship opportunities, and other inquiries.
- Responsible for leading IAEE in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Coordinate meeting locations, dates, times, and meals.
- Create agenda and prepare/distribute meeting materials.
- Remind board members to complete individual actions.
- Manages the Board and organization calendars; distribution lists, invites, and other platforms as needed.
Membership & Sponsors
- Serve as IAEE’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Respond to email inquiries regarding IAEE and energy efficiency.
- Respond to correspondence on a regular basis.
- Maintain membership database and email groups.
- Compose, edit, and layout articles/photos for quarterly newsletter and distribute quarterly newsletter via email.
- Actively recruit new corporate sponsors and members.
- Maintain fresh & current website content and ensure links are active.
- Post calendar information on iowaenergy.org.
- Promote the use of the website to membership.
- Create and publish content to social media platforms.
- Assist committees including annual Energy Summit Conference committee with organization, planning, and execution of tactics.
- Assist committee chairs on deadlines and required actions.
- Assist in conference planning and operation.
- Manage registration & financial aspects.
- Plan and coordinate IAEE events other than annual conference.
- Research topics, develop promotional materials, and facilitate the delivery of webinars or educational seminars.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support IAEE’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of IAEE, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Pay all accounts payable invoices.
- Coordinate the annual dues renewal process.
- Complete monthly reconciliation reports on all bank accounts.
- Complete monthly budget analysis.
- Correspond with Treasurer on a regular basis regarding account activity.
- File yearly tax forms (990 and all 1099 related forms).
- Review paper files for relevance, destroy or store as needed.
- Create & maintain electronic storage system for all historical documents.
- Maintain organization records.
Position Requirements Qualified contractors will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Marketing, Communications, Environmental Studies, or a related field or of study or demonstrated education plus experience to meet the job description. Interest or experience in business administration, non-profit administration, or related field. Knowledge of energy efficiency information resources, activity, and market in Iowa also a plus.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products. Experience with Constant Contact, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Quicken, a plus.
This position requires excellent organizational skills, and the ability and desire to take initiative and provide solutions. The successful contractor must have excellent proven verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and the desire to contribute as part of a team.
Resources: The contractor will supply their own work location, PC computer, internet access, printer, and camera. Supplies and mileage are reimbursable expenses.
This is a contract, non-employee position with contractual requirements including insurance coverages or proof of qualifying coverage.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to multi-task.
Creative problem-solving skills.
Commitment Up to 65 hours per month (Approximately 600-660 hours per year), contract position (non-employee).
Availability Immediately – start date is flexible.
Compensation $15k - $23k based on qualifications and experience, plus mileage and expenses.
Position Executive Director
Location Iowa (flexible within state)
About the Organization IAEE is in its 34th year of promoting the efficient use of energy, for the benefit of all Iowans, by serving our members through education and collaboration. It is led by a Board of Directors and hosts an Energy Summit annually in the fall. iowaenergy.org
Posting Date June 24, 2021
Deadline August 31, 2021
Interested candidates apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org